Location: Vancouver Island University (VIU) Deep Bay Field Station
370 Crome Point Road, Deep Bay (see map)
Time & Date: 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. on Thursday May 19th, 2011
Lunch is provided.
Forum Topics Include:
- 2010 CIPC Program Highlights, 2011 Progress Report.
- Online Tools now Available: ‘Report-A-Weed’ Application and ‘Core Ranking Process’ Tool.
- Introduction to Spartina & Knotweeds, Current Status in British Columbia.
“HANDS ON” Field Tour Includes:
- Tour of the different ecosystem restoration sites at the recently completed VIU Field Station property
- Learn how to identify different invasive Spartina species, and common look-alikes. Information on mapping and inventory techniques used by the BC Spartina Working Group.
- Real examples of different invasive knotweed species. Learn about results of different treatment methods used. Stem injection demonstration.
How to Register:
Please complete the registration form and return it to:
Coastal Invasive Plant Committee
Box 48114, 3575 Douglas St.,
Victoria, BC, V8Z 7H5
New CIPC Members: Please complete and return registration form and membership agreement form by Friday April 22nd. This will ensure that you can vote at the AGM.
Current CIPC Members and other Participants: Please return registration form by Friday May 13th.
We will be carpooling to 2 nearby field sites in the afternoon, so if you are able to either make arrangements to carpool to the forum with other attendees or bring along a vehicle that takes passengers, that would be greatly appreciated.
To find out who is traveling from your area, please contact Melissa Noel, CIPC Coordinator by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: 250-857-2472.
Awards & Recognition
We would like to recognize those who have dedicated significant time and effort to invasive plant management in south-coastal BC. If you know an outstanding “weed warrior” or initiative that deserves recognition at this year’s forum, please submit your nomination to email@example.com. Be sure to include their name(s) as well as the reason(s) for their nomination.
Display Boards & Posters
If your organization has an information board, maps or posters that they would like to have on display at this event, please bring them along. Set up for displays will take place at 9:00 a.m. Please indicate on the ‘Registration Form’ if you plan on bringing a display.